Sunday, December 23, 2012

Musicals

At this very moment, I am being forced to watch "The Sound of Music." You know, that classic musical? And you know what else? I really freaking HATE musicals!! Some of you are probably thinking, Who doesn't like musicals? Well, I DON'T!! Musicals are really cheesy and stupid. The plots are predictable and pathetic, the songs are unbearably annoying, the main characters are always stupid, goody-goody Pollyannas, and everything looks fake. There are often unnecessary scenes, just so there can be more singing! No one wants to hear those crummy actors sing their obnoxious songs! At least, I don't. Of all the musicals in the world, "The Sound of Music" has to be one of the most intolerable, fake, pathetic ones I've ever seen! In fairness to the writer of "The Sound of Music," I haven't seen that many musicals in my lifetime, and I'm sure there are some I'd hate more. But I can't think of any at the moment. I am not trying to offend anyone with this. If you enjoy "The Sound of Music" and/or other musicals, that's okay. Personally, I just can't stand them, and that's my own opinion, and I have a right to it, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment